Nik Slingsby has expressed his concern and called for Council action at the news in the ‘Evening Standard’ that;
“Dozens of residents in a Fitzrovia apartment block have been left unable to take a shower for more than six months after its hot water system was contaminated by the deadly Legionnaire’s disease bug.
People living in the 79 flats at 105 Hallam Street, where two-bed properties can cost more than £400,000, were first told of the threat on September 21. A letter from the block’s managing agent, Rendall & Rittner, advised people to “stop using showers and bathe as an alternative” as “inhaling tiny droplets of water contaminated with legionella can cause Legionnaires’ disease”.
Half a year on the warning remains in place and efforts to eradicate the bug have so far failed. A letter from the managing agent said: “We sympathise with the inconvenience and continue to invite anyone with concerns to contact us.”
Promoted by Paul Dimoldenberg at 44 Manor House, Marylebone Road, NW1 5NP on behalf of Nik Slingsby 1 Harrowby Court, Harrowby Street, W1H 5FA