Legionnaire’s bug at Marylebone flats stops showers for six months


Nik Slingsby has expressed his concern and called for Council action at the news in the ‘Evening Standard’ that;

“Dozens of residents in a Fitzrovia apartment block have been left unable to take a shower for more than six months after its hot water system was contaminated by the deadly Legionnaire’s disease bug.

People living in the 79 flats at 105 Hallam Street, where two-bed properties can cost more than £400,000, were first told of the threat on September 21. A letter from the block’s managing agent, Rendall & Rittner, advised people to “stop using showers and bathe as an alternative” as “inhaling tiny droplets of water contaminated with legionella can cause Legionnaires’ disease”.

Half a year on the warning remains in place and efforts to eradicate the bug have so far failed. A letter from the managing agent said: “We sympathise with the inconvenience and continue to invite anyone with concerns to contact us.”

Promoted by Paul Dimoldenberg at 44 Manor House, Marylebone Road, NW1 5NP on behalf of Nik Slingsby 1 Harrowby Court, Harrowby Street, W1H 5FA

This entry was posted in Health, Housing, Marylebone, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.