Nik Slingsby has been working closely with Labour Councillors to take up residents’ concerns right across Marylebone High Street ward. He has;
• Reported an ugly and neglected area of the pavement outside Holcroft Court in Great Titchfield Street which needs urgent attention.
• Called on the Council to repair a number of large potholes in Dorset Street between Baker Street and Gloucester Place
• Asked the Council to investigate a suspected unauthorised holiday letting in a block of flats in Bentinck Street
• Contacted the Council after a resident told us that disabled driver parking spaces in Granville Place are often occupied by chauffeurs who are waiting, while people are shopping nearby.
• Asked the Council to re-inspect air conditioning equipment in a property in Marylebone Mews which is causing a nuisance to the residents upstairs
• Continued efforts to get City West Homes to take action against those residents responsible for anti-social behaviour in Holcroft Court
• Called on Westminster Council and Thames Water to fix the drains at the corner of Portland Place and New Cavendish Street
• Joined with residents in Luxborough Street who are angry that they will lose the children’s play area, when the Council builds more luxury homes and an underground library.
• Called on all medical establishments in the Harley Street and Wimpole Street area to be extra careful to ensure that all medical waste is disposed in the proper manner.
• Reported potholes in the road at the corner of Bolsover Street and Carburton Street and at the corner of Devonshire Street and Great Portland Street
“Residents want their Councillors to deal with practical, everyday issues, like fixing potholes and broken pavements. My by-election campaign is all about getting things done for local residents. I am starting as I mean to carry on. Walking round the ward, I can see for my own eyes how the current Conservative Councillors have neglected the basics and taken residents for granted. On Thursday residents can vote for a new start with a Labour Councillor pledged to represent local residents”
Promoted by Paul Dimoldenberg of 44 Manor House, Marylebone Road, NW1 on behalf of Nik Slingsby of 1 Harrowby Court, Harrowby Street, W1