Ananthi has previously worked as an Advice Worker for the Citizens Advice Bureau as well as a Debt Advisor and is currently training as a Dignity Champion with Healthwatch Westminster. In her spare time she volunteers at an activity centre for older people. Ananthi says:
“I am standing as I want to ensure local people’s views are heard at the heart of decision making and that residents are properly represented. The Tories have taken this ward for granted as can be seen by the recent Baker Street and Gloucester Place Two Way project.”
Only Labour can defeat the Tories in this by-election and you can send a very clear message to City Hall that Bryanston and Dorset Square residents deserve better by voting Labour on 22nd October. As your Labour Councillor I will fight for
• Action on air quality – demanding the Council and TfL do more to improve air quality in one of the most polluted areas in London
• Transparent consultation on the Two Way project – while the scheme could bring benefits for our community, its large impact means that there must be a full and open consultation with local residents. I will also call for bus routes and coach parking to be included in the consultation before a decision is reached.
• More Greening in the area – more trees and landscaping to enhance the area
• Action on traffic routes – ensuring safer pedestrian crossing and that traffic isn’t diverted from major routes to quieter roads opening up rat runs.
• Any decision on the Two Way project to be made by the full Council – so residents’ views can be heard and a democratic decision reached.
Need a Postal Vote for the Bryanston and Dorset Ward By-Election on Thursday 22nd October 2015?
You can apply for a postal vote to vote in the forthcoming by-election by completing this form and returning it ASAP to City Hall;
Promoted by Jason Williams on behalf of Ananthi Paskaralingam, both at 210 Hawkins House, Dolphin Square, SW1V 3NT