We have started a petition calling on Westminster City Council to urge the Government to scrap the school funding proposals which will mean that five schools serving families in Vincent Square Ward will lose out, including, Millbank Academy (lose £72,000); Burdett Coutts School (lose £81,000); Greycoat School (lose £630,000); St Vincent de Paul School (lose £90,000) and St Matthews School (£113,000)
According to the schoolcuts website,
- Millbank Academy will lose £72,000, equivalent to £179 per pupil, and will lose 2
- Burdett Coutts School will lose £81,000, equivalent to £282 per pupil, and will lose 2 teachers
- Greycoat School will lose £630,000, equivalent to £816 per pupil, and will lose 16 teachers
- St Vincent de Paul School will lose £90,000, equivalent to £453 per pupil, and will lose 2 teachers
- St Matthews School will lose £113,000, equivalent to £675 per pupil, and will lose 3 teachers.
- You can sign the petition here http://petitions.westminster.gov.uk/VinSquarecuts/